Eliminate the possibility of grading bias by grading assignments anonymously. In order for assignments to be completely anonymous, please remind your students NOT to include their name or any other identification information in their submission.
Enabling Anonymous Grading for Assignments
- From the “Create Assignment” page scroll down to “Grading Options”
- Check the option for “Enable Anonymous Grading”
- Select when to Disable Anonymous Grading. Disabling Anonymous Grading will make the grades visible to the instructor. NOTE: During the Anonymous Grading window, grades will be visible to students and not to the instructor.
- On specific date – Enter the date for anonymous grading to be disabled.
- After all submissions are graded – To use this setting you must supply a due date. Anonymous grading will be disabled once the due date has passed and all attempts have been graded.
Grading Anonymous Assignments
Since the attempts are anonymous a yellow notification icon () will NOT appear in the grade center. Grading can be completed from the Needs Grading page or from the Grade Center.
From the Needs Grading Page
To access the Needs Grading page, click Needs Grading from the Grade Center tab in the Control Panel. To grade the assignment, hover over the assignment name, click the chevron(), then click “Grade All Users.”
From Grade Center
To grade the assignment from Grade Center, click the chevron () next to the assignment’s name, then click “Grade Attempts.”