Video provided by BlackboardTV on YouTube
Why reinvent the wheel when the content probably already exists. Blackboard xpLor, a cloud-based learning object repository (LOR), has made it easy for instructors to find and import content without leaving the LMS. Instructors can discover new resources by filtering content by Subject, Resource Type, State Standards, Grade Levels, Tags and Contributors. Sharing is key to building up an education repository. Instructors can create and share the following content types:
- Document Pages
- Common Cartridges
Accessing Blackboard xpLor from Blackboard Learn
Searching for content
Option 1: Search
Option 2: Discover
Importing xpLor content into Blackboard Learn
- From the list of resources click the title to view the resource.
- Click the Add button to add the content to your course.
NOTE: The content will be added to the content area from which you launched xpLor from. To change the destination click the arrow next to the add button and click Add to Course(s). From here choose your destination folder.
The xpLor Resource Toolbar
- Add: Adds the content to your content area.
- Additional Settings:
- Add to Course(s): Add content to multiple courses and change the content destination folder.
- Add to Channel(s): Add content to multiple channels.
- Add to Favorites: Adds the content to your favorites.
- Download as Common Cartridge: Creates a downloadable common cartridge.
- Generate Launch URL: Creates a launch URL to use in an External Tool or LTI item.
- About: Displays a short description (if available), rating and additional metadata.
- Version info: Displays the content creator, copyright license, usage information, and version history.
- More Settings: Edit the content. Instructors can duplicate the resource to adjust the description or to enable a discussion.
Upcoming posts will feature how to upload content and how to filter content in xpLor.