This post was originally posted on the Blackboard Community Site.
Our university is currently scheduled to have a major Learn Upgrade this December, so I thought I’d share our communication plan to share ideas and see how other institutions announce new features to their users. As part of our upgrade, we’re rolling out Q2 2017 (currently on October 2015), Blackboard Ally, Eessysoft Support and Messaging, and the Learn 2016 theme. With the launch of all these new technologies, we’re in overdrive trying to notify all our users of the new features they can expect in the Spring of 2018.
How we notified our users
Once the upgrade date was set, our team began working to design marketing material and schedule “What’s New” Training Sessions. Below are the ways we notified our users of the upcoming upgrade.
- “What’s New” Landing Page
- During National Distance Learning Week we held a department open house to announce the new features.
- Held daily “What’s New” training sessions for a week.
- Posted announcements on our Campus TVs (Images)
- Blackboard Modules for Students and Faculty/Staff
- Created Flyers, Posters, and Handouts
- “What’s New for Faculty” and “What’s New for Students” emails in our University Newsletter
- Social Media Campaign
- Official Notice of System Upgrade
- Graphics on Campus Kiosks