SAMR with the Blackboard Test Tool
Using the SAMR Model to redefine or as Blackboard would say “Reimagine” assignments with the Blackboard Tests tool.
- Instructors can copy questions directly from tests, quizzes, worksheets and other resources into the Blackboard testing tool.
- Creating questions beyond the standard multiple choice and true/false questions. Hotspot questions allow students to click within a certain region on an image such as identifying the nucleus on a cell.
- Instructors import questions from other solutions such as ExamView, Respondus and Blackboard xpLor.
- Creating extra credit questions, negative point questions and partial credit questions.
- Using testing options such as timed exams, prevent backtracking, multiple attempts, and test presentation.
- Providing feedback for correct and incorrect answers by adding videos & audio clips, linking to course content and adding text.
- Running Item Analysis and Attempt Statistics to view data on how students performed.
- Enabling self-assessment options allowing the student to reinforce the material without a grade being added to the gradebook.